OK... So I'm back.... it's been awhile since I've posted........ It's been awhile since I've posted because I have felt like a failure. I have not lost any weight since October/November ish.... well I've bounced up and down 8-9 pounds since then. I've been blaming it on having to wear a boot on my leg for 6 weeks in October, or my eye surgery, or heck, even the holidays.... yah Jenn... your ankle is in pretty good shape... you can now see 20/15, and the holidays are long gone. Well I'm tired of making excuses for myself. I NEED to take accountability and get back on track!
A wise woman I know posted this picture many times in a group I'm part of.... It's the honest to goodness truth about weight loss:
A wise woman I know posted this picture many times in a group I'm part of.... It's the honest to goodness truth about weight loss:
Well this is my exact weight loss from a graph from MY myfittnesspal app! :
The big drop was from end of May to November... I had lost 47 pounds total... then those ups and downs are my 8-9 pounds... THE STRUGGLE IS REAL
I decided that it was time for me to get back to posting.. because the STRUGGLE IS REAL. Every single day is a struggle with me and weight. What to eat, how I feel, if I even care at that moment. What to do. What not to do. To even get out of bed some days.
Life happens, we all fall down. BUT we need to get back up and keep trying.....
Lately I have not been making the best choices nutritionally. If there is one thing I have succeeded with in the last 6 months it is definitely self sabotage. I think I have mastered that art. I honestly think that will be something that I struggle with for the rest of my life. I am WORKING on it every day though.... just last night I went to a birthday party with pizza and chocolate frosted cake... I can still smell the frosting! ..... Well, small victory.... I didn't take 1 bite of pizza OR cake! ... I actually got up and moved to a different table so I didn't have to torture myself with the smell of that frosting.
Fast forward..... OK ... its been a few days since I've started writing this..... I just re-read what I had written, and once again, I sabotaged myself this weekend! Last night we went to my inlaws for Easter dinner. Before we left, I had my shake so that I wouldn't be hungry. I knew I would eat a little bit of waffle.... it's tradition, can't skip a waffle on Easter.... well 2 waffles later and some bacon, and I was stuffed and felt sick to my stomach. Not to say you can't enjoy these things once in a while, but I'm really thinking I'm still on the part of my journey where I need to avoid all temptations, even those "but its a tradition," "it's a special occasion" .... right now I'm using these as my excuses. I am NOT a I can eat just one kind of person... I'm a eat NONE or eat the whole damn bag kind of person.
THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!
Fast forward..... OK ... its been a few days since I've started writing this..... I just re-read what I had written, and once again, I sabotaged myself this weekend! Last night we went to my inlaws for Easter dinner. Before we left, I had my shake so that I wouldn't be hungry. I knew I would eat a little bit of waffle.... it's tradition, can't skip a waffle on Easter.... well 2 waffles later and some bacon, and I was stuffed and felt sick to my stomach. Not to say you can't enjoy these things once in a while, but I'm really thinking I'm still on the part of my journey where I need to avoid all temptations, even those "but its a tradition," "it's a special occasion" .... right now I'm using these as my excuses. I am NOT a I can eat just one kind of person... I'm a eat NONE or eat the whole damn bag kind of person.
THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!
Oh well.... TODAY we get up and brush that off and get up again and keep pressing forward. What's life without a few bumps once in a while.... Some might be small, some might seem like a mountain. But I know that I can overcome ANY size of bump that I might run into!
Well I am definitely excited to get back on the wagon! A good friend of mine talked me into starting personal training 2 weeks ago!! The first week was definitely a surprise to me!!! I was so stinkin sore the first week... I could barely stand up and sit down!!! But even after just 2 weeks, I can FEEL myself getting stronger! I've also been walking with another friend every morning, bright and early! .... and then sometimes I walk with my hubby at night!
THE STRUGGLE IS REAL
folks... whether yours is with food/weight like mine, or whatever you struggle with... know that you can overcome it.... there will be bumps in the road, maybe even a slight detour... but as long as you get up, dust yourself off and get back on track, YOU can do it!! YOU are an amazing person, and YOU can do amazing things!
So, as a friend of mine this morning said #watchme or #joinme
I'm always looking for people to join me on my journey with your own journey. Life is much easier when you have someone to do it with. If any of you ever need someone to talk to, please don't hesitate to contact me! WE can do this together! <3 you all! ~Jenn






No comments:
Post a Comment